Admission and Application Procedure
An applicant must have completed the baccalaureate degree or its equivalent prior to matriculation. The strength of an applicant's academic background and evidence of promise in graduate study is more important than the area of undergraduate study. If an individual has not been exposed to some background material, the student will be encouraged to correct these deficiencies during his or her first year in the program. Applicants must submit the following materials for completion of the application:
- A completed application form, including a concise statement of previous research experience and of research interests.
- An official copy of college transcripts from previous academic institutions.
- Results from the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The GRE should be taken no later than November, and the results should be sent to the Graduate Office. The Subject Test in Psychology is encouraged but not required.
- Three letters of recommendation from persons having knowledge of the training and experience of the applicant. These letters should be uploaded via the link above. Instructions are available on the page after you sign in.
- A nonrefundable application fee of $50.
Deadlines and Contact Info
Send all application materials to:
37 Dewey Field Road, Suite 6062
Hanover, NH 03755-1419
The deadline for receipt of completed applications for Fall admission is December 15.
Upon receipt of all materials for admission, the department may decide to invite selected applicants for an interview on campus. All applicants will be informed of their status by the first of April.
If you have any questions or would like more information from the department, please check our contact page.